Sign up as a Volunteer
This group has been set up by Innerleithen & District Community Council to act as a Community Notice Board and contact point for anyone concerned about Coronovirus in Innerleithen. Anyone needing assistance with shopping etc should message this page and we will try to link them with volunteers.
Aims of the group:-PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
• To provide help with ESSENTIAL errands such as prescriptions and food collection, for people who DO NOT have Corona Virus but are in self isolation.
• This group is to ensure vulnerable people who are self isolating do not unnecessarily come into contact with the virus.
• We are NOT asking people to put themselves at risk by visiting people with confirmed or suspected cases of Covid-19.
• We are NOT asking people to enter vulnerable peoples houses.
• Liaisons between a group member and the person they are helping would be unique on a case to case basis.
• Obvious sanctions would need to be in place such as hand washing and agreeing where to leave food and money and not sharing details of the person you are helping.
Of course to provide these services we need volunteers.
If you are healthy and do not have any medical conditions that will affect your own health then please submit your details in the sign up form. Your details will then be used to help provide these services. As a volunteer you will not be expected to enter homes. A safe place will be established
Volunteer sign up here:-
This form is for those who are willing to help out in our local community. This will be managed by the Innerleithen and District Community Council and we will match you as much as possible to people near by. The data will be held securely and only be accessed by the Community Council. Your data will not be shared with any other party or organisation (except The Food Foundation if you are volunteering to deliver meals). Only share data that you are happy to be held, your phone number and name will be passed onto those who may require assistance.