Volunteer or request assistance (either for yourself, or for assistance on behalf of someone else that does not have internet access)
This group has been set up by Innerleithen & District Community Council to act as a Community Notice Board and contact point for anyone concerned about Coronovirus in Innerleithen. Anyone needing assistance with shopping etc should message us using the online forms on this page and we will try to link them with volunteers.
Aims of the group:-PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
• To provide help with ESSENTIAL errands such as prescriptions and food collection, for people who DO NOT have Corona Virus but are in self isolation.
• This group is to ensure vulnerable people who are self isolating do not unnecessarily come into contact with the virus.
• We are NOT asking people to put themselves at risk by visiting people with confirmed or suspected cases of Covid-19.
• We are NOT asking people to enter vulnerable peoples houses.
• Liaisons between a group member and the person they are helping would be unique on a case to case basis.
• Obvious sanctions would need to be in place such as hand washing and agreeing where to leave food and money and not sharing details of the person you are helping.
REQUEST ASSISTANCE (For yourself or someone else)
The Food Foundation is cooking and delivering hot meals locally. Please contact them on 01721 722421 or email email@example.com. No qualifying criteria, everyone is eligible that is in need of help so please contact them to arrange